View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 12:47 PM   #40271
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Yeah, but, like, we both know there are some people out there who drank those on their own lol

In all seriousness, thank you for pointing that out. I hadn’t put two and two together. I was thinking it was probably marketed to truck drivers, long haulers, etc. but that makes way more sense.

Though I will say it is shocking how much soda the average American drinks on a regular basis. As a personal anecdote, I was talking to my grandma the other day and she was updating me on my uncle’s current situation. Long story short, he’s diabetic and has run into some complications lately. He had some sort of foot infection that lasted for well over a year without healing properly. They finally amputated it and I guess it was sort of a wake up call for him. So my grandma tells me he’s lost a ton of weight, “he looks like a stick”. Whatever. He’s probably just normal sized now. Anyway, she says “He’s doing real well! He gave up Diet Mountain Dew. He only has one a day now

I didn't ask her what size he was drinking but thought it was hilarious that having one can or bottle of soda every single day could even remotely constitute ‘giving it up’.. this comes from my side of the family that drinks Diet Coke religiously. It’s like water to these people so for them, I suppose that is progress.

Personally, soda has never been my thing so it’s even more foreign to me. I only ever drink it when I’m eating out and even then, I don’t always get soda with my meal. On the occasion I do, I’m never able to finish it. Thinking about a 42 ounce Supersized soda from McD’s, I’d be surprised if I drank that much soda in 3 months.

I’m rambling now and this isn’t the place for it but I have lots of thoughts on the subject.
No doubt. I know people that used to drink a 2 liter on their drive to work ****ed up
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote