Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 04:12 PM   #195
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
I’m starting to think that Mims might slide to us at 32.Heres an article where the Steelers site discusses guyton or Mims and the risk of Mims injury history is a major flaw.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/mo...-right-tackle/

If GMs are scared of his injury history and need a tackle who can be available, especially considering the talent and depth of this class, maybe mims falls to 32 if he’s the 8th tackle selected? I think this would be perfect for us if Mims fell to 32. Or trade up slightly to pick right after Morgan is drafted. We could resign Smith and let Mims develop behind him. We’d have a lot of depth across the oline.

1. Alt ND
2. Fashanu penn state
3. Fuaga Oregon state
4. Latham Bama
5. Fautanu Wash
6. Guyton OK
7. Morgan AZ
8. Mims GA
That would be fantastic but I just don't see teams drafting Guyton or Morgan before Mims even with the injury considerations.

I won't be surprised to see Mims be the 4th-6th OT taken and if we want him late teens might have to be the target area for a trade up.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.