Thread: Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 03:15 PM   #1653
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I just didn't realize how stiff and upright she is.

Like most I've seen the highlights of her. She has a quick release (most of the time) and does seem to know how to get to her spots. She's fearless and that helps.

But she is no sort of athlete out there and in the rare instances I've seen clips of people playing defense on her, they're just toying with her.

Anybody remember watching Shawn Bradley back in the 90s? Guy was just big and gangly and laughably terrible because he had no athleticism at all. She's an outside shooting version of Shawn Bradley.

I mean it can't be quite as simple as I've let on - nobody scores 4,000 points or whatever she's scored by being a complete duffer. She's dealt with good defenses in the past. But it looks like anytime you have someone that's quick, they expose her a little bit. And when you combine that with a team that has the physicality and speed to get to her spots before her and just body her off them, she doesn't really have a Plan B that I can see.
I mean, this is a hot take and a half. She’s not good enough for men’s basketball. 90% of the country with half a brain know women can’t compete in men’s basketball. But she’s a hell of a basketball player compared to women. Yeah of course a guard is gonna look a little stiff when you’re playing 40 minutes with no help playing against a defender whose only job is to defend the daylights out of her. Paige bueckers is incredibly crafty and she ran into the same issue. Young guards at this level can’t do this shit alone.

What was her plan b gonna be? To throw it into the vortex of giants?

She will no doubt need some adjustment to the pros. But she’s a brilliant basketball player when compared to her biological peers.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote