View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 09:46 PM   #25
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Cool. Keep it in Missouri then. All the better.

Provided that you can find a location where business leaders are willing to invest and actually build the area.

Are they gonna spin the wheel and take their chances in Lee's Summit? Honestly, I kinda doubt it.

I have no particular affinity for the Legends project specfically. I just want a damn nice new stadium if we're going to replace Arrowhead. And if that's the case, it's going to have to be somewhere that Clark and the local taxpayers will see a return. If you have a better spot, have at it.

(As for the Missouri Budget - that's not terribly relevant as St. Louis damn sure isn't chipping in to build a stadium in KC. And I don't think there's that same level of antipathy and/or regional loyalty in Kansas, though I could be wrong)
I'm with you. An unpopular opinion but that was another reason I wasn't motivated to vote "yes" on the vote that just failed. Spending hundreds of millions on Arrowhead is just throwing good after bad. As you stated Arrowhead simply cannot keep up with the current stadiums.

Lee's Summit is probably a bad example. Even if we separate the Royals from Chiefs which absolutely needs to happen we're stuck in the same spot where the Royals need to be the first domino to fall. Wether its they move to Kansas or the city bites the bullet and funds the Royals stadium downtown themselves. That certainly can be done but I'm not sure KC has the local leadership in place to make it happen.

But let's say the city does end up funding the Royals downtown. You then put the Chiefs on the ballot which IMO passes.

Sure Kansas could sweep in right now and steal one of them by throwing billions. Let's not forget there still is a lease in place for another 7 years. Kansas is going to throw billions and the teams are going to take on hundreds of millions on a lawsuit? Doubtful
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.