View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 08:45 AM   #783
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's not wrong.

The real 'bad guys' in all this are the folks that ran the county and business leaders in/around Independence. I mean it's not like the Legends sprang up from some hotbed of economic activity. Folks grabbed the wheel and made it happen.

Jackson County just never proactively worked towards developing that area. When the city was growing, it grew north and west. But it didn't HAVE to be that way. And the Truman complex was a natural focal point to create some gravitational pull and bring that growth that direction.

City/county leaders simply failed. For decades. And now there's likely to be a reckoning.
I just wonder who's sat on the land around Raytown Road thinking they'd get a speculative payday.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.