Thread: Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 09:46 AM   #876
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Agreed.

I've long watched women's sports. If I was only interested in the pinnacle of athletic performance, I'd never watch anything but the best pro teams. Dudes love to dump on women's sports, but whatever.

I'm here for the competition. It's a different product, for sure. But for the same reason I watch local high school basketball, the competition is a lot of times pretty good.

Now, while I don't follow women's sports close, I'll periodically throw it on if it's on. That being said, when UConn was doing their thing, it wasn't competitive. But right now, it is, and it has bred some really good games.

Some of these games are definitely worth the time.
If I’m being honest there’s something about old school women’s basketball where i was always put off by awkward shooting form and movement. A lot of them were extremely fundamentally sound but not that dynamic. I don’t know if this is a new trend but clark represents a new kind of women’s basketball player that, for all intents and purposes, plays like a man. I think her dad has even called it out that she was planning in guys leagues early on.

Of course that doesn’t mean she can compete with men. Just that her style of play is more fluid than we’re used to. I’ve noticed that a lot of this years women are not only more athletic but a lot more fluid
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote