View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 06:29 PM   #187
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Might want to chill with your exaggerations because that statement you made is ridiculous in the 1990s and early 2000s players weren't getting hurt like you are suggesting...

Defenses did good last season I admit, but there were a lot of injuries to QBs so that may have played a part. But there are no dominant defenses anymore, just good ones.

JJ Watt and plenty of other players have made statements echoing what I am saying so lets try and be objective here and realize the NFL continues in this direction defense will continue to get worse. There should be more of a balance with these rule changes, that's all I'm saying.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rop-tackle-ban
Players are bigger and faster. A lot of the reason why dangerous hip drops are more common is because bigger guys are becoming better athletes. Concussion protocol is now enforced (and id hope people agree that’s a good thing) and that is going to be heavily skewed toward offense players. When it comes to contact it just goes without saying that offense players are going to be way more prone to injury. And big guys shouldn’t be punished just because they’re too big to take down.

Of course the players aren’t gonna like it. Neither side wants to soften the game. No player wants an independent doctor to dictate if they can play through a concussion or not. Players also don’t like targeting or roughing the passer calls. Too bad. Knocking players out of the game isn’t a strategy and players need to coach to find safer ways to tackle players.they won’t do it on their own so this forces their hand to figure something out.

I know you’re trying to hedge on defensive performance but last year was an outstanding year for defenses. And that includes the playoffs with healthy QBs. So the talk about the demise of defense is overblown. Defenses will adapt just as they have for all the roughing and targeting rules
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.