View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM   #172
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Well, yeah, and I've already said twice now that most of the examples in the rugby video are exactly the kind of tackle the NFL should ban. Such as the one Pat was the recipient of a couple seasons ago. That one was blatantly meant to injure, imo.

It's the other ones I'm concerned about that are basically the only way that defender is making that tackle in that situation.
The nfl needs to do more than just release a video. I agree some of those examples look too borderline to enforce. Talk with the players union about what’s reasonable. If fines are involved you’d have to think they’ll be loud about this. Maybe that video at some point turns into half. Because there are several examples where you can see how the grab from behind and pinning down with the other players legs is stuff you can actually de-emphasize.

It will be a little ugly at first. Kind of like the pitch clock in baseball. I’d rather they get their ducks in a row first but at this point I’m also kinda used to the nfl kind of storming and norming major rule changes
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote