Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 03:13 AM   #2235
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
Pushing an agenda? Like what we say on this message board has weight in the decisions being made on draft day? I told you what I liked about AD Mitchell. Disagree? Fine. Want to talk about it to further understanding and get alternative perspectives? Great.

But to come out and say people have lazy and uninformed takes is you building a strawman to beat up when you could be contributing to the conversation in some productive way. I come here to watch some game videos and discuss with people to get excited about various prospects in the draft. Heaven forbid we have prospects we are excited about and want other people to check out so we can broaden our perspectives or maybe even learn something.
I've wasted my breath (or fingers) on talking about this kid in two threads about the same thing. My perspective on him is already out there.

It's not going to change. I've said I'd be fine enough with him at 32 if that's the way the Chiefs go but there are plenty of issues there that team has to coach. Those issues, in my opinion, are already out there.

The problem I have is everyone points to 3 plays in one game as what defines him as a player instead of looking at the whole. The whole is nowhere near as impressive and shows a lot of holes in his game. Meanwhile, other much more productive, and skilled players fall under a microscope.

There is an easy attraction to a WR with size, speed, and good hands, I get it, but we shouldn't ignore the flaws and I don't see much acknowledgment of those flaws by anyone strongly in his camp. Hell, I'd settle for someone pointing out something great from a game that isn't the Alabama game because I have yet to read it. I'm strongly in the Troy Franklin camp but I acknowledge that he is not overly quick at release, he has some drop issues at times, and he has a scary slender build.

After all that, I do personally apologize for being a dick. I've had a really bad ****ing day from a personal perspective. It's something I've been dealing with in life for several years now that a select few people are aware of. So, it's not you, really. I do enjoy discussing the viewpoints.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.