View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM   #314
MVP

I’m not a Jackson County resident so this isn’t my fight.

But it does make me cringe when I see people online say dumb shit like “Vote No. Stay at the K.”

Like people understand that’s not an option right? The Royals will either get a new ballpark here or they will get it elsewhere.

This vote is basically, “Vote yes to have Major League Baseball in Kansas City. Vote no to get rid of it.”

Which, if people don’t want baseball here and are fine with losing the Royals then more power to them. I just hope everyone understands exactly what the stakes are.

Yeah it sucks to have to subsidize billionaires, but we don’t live in “Shouldland” we live in “Reality World” where unfortunately that’s the cost of having pro sports teams.

Losing pro sports would be incredibly costly to KC and the region and I think there is more value in being a pro sports city than the anti “sportsball” crowd would ever admit.

Think of how much money and name recognition and prestige the Chiefs have brought to KC in the last decade. It’s enormous and that’s something that’s hard to put a price on.

If I lived there, this would be an easy yes. But again, easy to say when it’s not my money.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote