Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 04:23 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think he'd be in the mix with Fautanu as OT3.

That said - let's not forget that he went ahead of Lane Johnson and frankly was seen by most sources as a better prospect than Johnson.

If someone said "Hey, where would Lane Johnson go in this draft" we'd probably all say "eh, probably behind Alt but maybe ahead of Fashanu...."

And yet - consensus had Fisher as a better prospect than Johnson at the time.

It was a piss poor draft year. But I don't think we want to undersell Fisher because of it. In a lot of ways he profiles very similar athletically to Fashanu. He was raw, but as far as pure tools went, there was very little he didn't have. Long, athletic, powerful base. Typically a smart player but quality of competition left that an open question.

This wasn't a Tyson Jackson situation where we took a guy 3 who probably wouldn't have been a first rounder most years. Fish was a pretty outstanding prospect.
I'm old enough to remember just how dominant Fisher was at Senior Bowl week.

Oh and BTW, Luke Joeckel
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.