View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 02:42 PM   #727
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Yeah i dont remember that. I don't recall being a strong Metchie proponent. Though im sure i did say something like, most of us can't see route running through YouTube highlights and that route running can be taught so long as the physical ability is there. Because i 100% believe that.
Yes, that sounds like what you said a few years ago.

While I won't say it is impossible someone just gets better at running routes in the NFL, it is just unlikely.

If you want to see what top end route running looks like, just throw on some Justin Jefferson or Davonte Adams.

Once you see that then contrast that with someone who is poor at it, such as Mecole Hardman. Worthy is harder to do because he isn't poor, but mediocre.

So concentrate on the high end and low end first.

It is why I was critical of the Mecole pick when guys like DK, McLaurin, and Diontae were all still on the board and all obviously much better at it than Mecole.

Most players that are weak or mediocre at route running don't change substantially.

AD Mitchell is already very good but he is not quite a finished product. I think he is very, very close. So I will trust that a guy can make a minor improvement but not bank on a substantial category change:

raw to mediocre

or mediocre to good
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.