View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 02:06 PM   #1749
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Did Oliver Marmol do a single thing that helped this team last season?

Did players develop under him? Did the clubhouse pull on the same side of the rope? Were tactical decisions made that helped the club?

A Labrador Retriever and a random number generator wouldn't have been any worse. Any better? Oh hell, who knows? But Oliver Marmol didn't do a single thing adequately last season. He didn't handle his staff, his clubhouse, external pressures, internal strife, his bench, his starting 9....nothing...with any aplomb.

I mean I guess Albert Pujols could show up and decide that Goldschmidt should be pitching and Contreras should be playing shortstop but that strikes me as unlikely.

Given the range of reasonable outcomes, i think it's fair to say that no - there is no chance at all that either of those guys could be WORSE than Oliver Marmol. Because Marmol did absolutely nothing to help this team win ballgames last season.
You are probably right. I honestly don't have anything I can point to that says "Marmol is the reason this is better". Albert has some personal service contract with the Angels so I have no idea if he could work that out. I swear to God I think it would take Yadi all of two weeks to alienate himself from the front office and he'd never survive under Mo.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.