View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 01:43 PM   #826
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I actually like cats, owned several over my lifetime. That’s how I know that cats are murderous, rampaging lunatics!

I know you grew up on farms so you probably had outdoor cats, which makes a bit more sense, but any of these ****ers living in the city who just let their cats roam outside won’t get any sympathy from me when their little Boots gets mauled by a coyote or dog.

With as much time as you spend online, I’d expect you to be more informed.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-42766-6

You’re probably going to spend 10 hours today online, trolling random message boards and cooking up some Star Wars video that no one will give a shit about. You could have taken 20 seconds to Google this and learned something new without needing to be spoon fed some solid knowledge. There’s even an entire Wiki on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_pr...0the%20country.

You’re a dipshit, dude, and your reading comprehension is garbage.

Click one of the links I just posted and try to put some wrinkles in your brain.

Insects were definitely a reach. I’m in Florida so cats typically impact the mammal, bird and reptile population here. I was trying to think of what types of animals a cat would kill in Missouri/Kansas and figured y’all probably don’t have reptiles like we do and decided to replace them with insects.

In general, though, yes, I think we should be a little worried about insects. Studies show that insect populations are declining 2% per year. Anyone who’s taken a biology course knows how important those organisms at the bottom of the food chain are.

But in regards to this conversation, you are right. Cats don’t really significantly impact the insect population and it was dumb of me to mention them.

I largely agree. The evidence is out there of the average lifespans for outdoor cats being significantly shorter.

If an owner’s cats live, eat, sleep, and shit indoors, just keep them indoors. Yes, that might mean you have to pay attention to them, play with them, and buy scratching posts. You know… be a responsible pet owner.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote