View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 01:10 PM   #927
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A mid third moves you up to, what, 24?

I just don't see any appreciable difference between the talent likely to be there at 24 and 32. The draft has flattened out considerably at that point.

It's not worth losing a do-everything CB for a season in which we're chasing history for. Even a single season of Sneed should be sold dearly - he's a damn good player and we're trying to win football games.

Damn good players help you do that.
And what teams might take tackles? The ones at 24, 25, 27 and 30. So you have to get up in front of those guys if you want a shot at the last remnant of a potential LT and you're scraping the barrel a bit as it is. So, you really don't do yourself any favors to make that move.

That mid-third really has the most value in a move up in the 2nd round. Signing a vet LT would probably lessen my disdain for the value but right now it'd be pretty high. I'd like to see this team lock down a franchise LT in exchange for losing Sneed. Anything less feels kind of like a long-term failure.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote