View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 07:06 PM   #829
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
It's awfully condescending to assume people don't know how comp picks work just because they disagree with you about them. I replied to you on this the other day and you conveniently ignored it, so to reiterate: it's unlikely we're making any big free agent moves next year. We'll be lucky to re-sign our own guys. And even if we did make a signing to offset Sneed, that offset would allow us to get a comp pick for someone like Trey Smith that we wouldn't otherwise get.

Basically I'd rather have one more year of Sneed and a (arguably) likely 3rd round comp pick in 2026 than trade him for a 3rd now.
Your point was entirely reasonable. And I get it. Next year we’re likely to lose a bunch of players who may sign for a fair bit elsewhere, or they might not. Nothing is guaranteed. Bolton may not get remotely what we think. Smith may get more. Sneed could get less. Nothing is guaranteed with a comp pick however you want to pretend to spin it in advance with how you think next offseason might go. That’s the point. People assume they can have certainty about the floor when that’s not remotely the case. The third round comp pick is the ceiling and the floor is absolutely nothing (and there are shades of grey in between).

It’s not condescending when people 20 minutes ago posted in this thread not understanding the basics of how it works.

Last edited by TwistedChief; 03-16-2024 at 07:11 PM..
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote