View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 06:18 PM   #19
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Masculinity, in and of itself, is not toxic. Toxic people apply their version of what they BELIEVE to be masculine (which is generally controlling, narcissistic behavior), and use that to create chaos wherever they go, in the name of "Being a man." And I'm here to tell you, that's just a load of horse shit.

REAL masculinity is healthy, it is emotional. It is crying at times (I gotta tell you, I don't think I cried in my entire adult life until I had a daughter and now I am basically always in tears because of her lol).

REAL masculinity, the healthy kind, can be tough. It can be dangerous when it needs to be. But it also has to be soft at times, it has to be tender and it HAS to have a healthy, vulnerable emotional component or its just chauvinism in tight pants.

The Kelce brothers, for all the faults, show a picture of REAL, healthy, honest masculinity. They are undoubtedly "picturesque, quintessential" male-archetypes: Big, strong, athletic, successful, bearded, beer-drinking, trash talking party dudes. They are the guys that other guys want to be like. But instead of going some narcissistic, Andrew Tate-like direction with all that fame and attention and money and platform, they instead are real. They're raw.

Seeing Jason Kelce shirtless and hugging fans of the team playing AGAINST his brother's; seeing Travis show up at concerts and dance and clap to his girlfriend's songs, and hearing them open up and share emotional situations, is exactly what we need to hear, as a nation of men who oftentimes get it wrong.

During Jason Kelce's retirement, he poured out his soul on national television. He was funny and sweet and humble. He wept at times, and told jokes. But when it came down to talk about his wife and kids and finally, his brother, he sobbed.

This giant, powerful, famous, popular, rich man who by all standards is a "man's man," demonstrated that not only is true masculinity ACCEPTING of vulnerability, it really cannot be TRUE, REAL masculinity, if it doesn't. His brother, Travis, poured out the tears sitting in the front row of the press conference.

As important as its been for America to see two successful, famous, wealthy people court in an old-fashioned, most unbelievably adorable manner (Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift), it has been equally beautiful and important for young women and little girls to see a powerful woman who treats people with respect and dignity, who uses her power and wealth to improve people's lives, who stands alone just fine but CHOOSES to chase after love...and in return, actual, TRUE, REAL, and HEALTHY masculinity is displayed for them to see, as she has been courted in a way that makes me, as the father of a daughter, have hopes that this behavior continues and shows up more and more, due to this very public example.

The way Jason talks about his wife, even now, is like a man who has just met and fallen in love with the girl of his dreams, after a decade together. He is deferential and sweet and romantic and silly and goofy--and is also an excellent provider and protector; without ever showing even the slightest indication that he perceivers himself as more important or valuable or worth more than his wife and kids.

TRUE masculinity is about sacrifice; REAL masculinity is about doing what a man is needed to do, and just getting it done in a way that allows for the most growth and health and safety of those who depend on you.

The Kelce brothers are the "man's men" that this country needs a LOT more of. I have so much respect and admiration for what they do and who they are. I really hope that THIS is a trend that catches on.
Neat!

Well, I assume this was neat. I didn’t read it.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.