View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 10:42 AM   #4
Supporter

I just remembered another one.

In 2010, my oldest son, who was about 17 at the time, was working and being responsible and wanted a new car. His best buddy's sister's bf worked at a rental car place and they had a 99 Acura TL they were selling for about 3K. It only had about 144k miles on it. It had all the extras (leather seats, gps, etc.) and was still in good shape.

So, we got the car and all he had to do was make payments to us until it was paid off. He absolutely fell in love with that car. And honestly, I was kind of fond of it, myself. So, 6 days later we are getting packed and ready to leave town for a camping trip to Colorado. His cousin was going with us on this trip. She lived in Virginia and just flew in to town that day.

So, my son, a couple of friends, and his cousin are all driving around in his new car. Well, you know how teenagers are not the best drivers because they lack experience and don't always pay enough attention? Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. He ran a stop sign and hit another car going 30-40mph. Totaled his car that he hadn't even had for a week.

On the bright side, insurance paid out about twice what we paid for it. So, the remaining money was used to buy another car (after the Acura was paid off). He ended up with a 97 Nissan Maxima. The boy was devastated but it was a good life lesson, I'd say.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.