Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 10:39 AM   #222
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
The argument is alot about Franklin and Mitchell because both should be there or around there. Either could go a little higher or a little lower. My argument is Mitchell isn't a 1st rounder, his is that Franklin and Worthy both aren't. I'd consider Mitchell if my top 6 were gone. He is basically only considering Mitchell. Does that solve it?

I mean, paralysis by analysis season right? When we start thinking about how great a 40 catch 600 yard WR that ran a great gauntlet is while simultaneously knocking a 1350 yard 80 catch WR that has comps to Chris Olave and DeVonta Smith by guys not named me, then it starts getting weird. At some point what the kids did on the field matters a whole metric ****ton. We can parse that out ad nauseum but there has to be a dividing line where you separate guys by round based on traits/ceiling and production/projection. Just because I think a guy will be good doesn't mean he is that good right now. A guy who is good right now might not have as high of a ceiling as the next guy, etc. Tis the season. They all have warts that need ironing out to some extent or another too. I can say confidently that I'm not worried about Franklin's ability to catch a ball on the football field because he had a shitty gauntlet drill, he's proven that already. Now if it were a 25 catch guy I'm looking at in round 6, then yeah it might matter more.

Anyhow... my rant... I guess if you want to axe all those guys out, I would definitely not take a WR in round 1. I'm not even considering it. Maybe round 2 if the chips fall right. If not, I might push the issue in round 3.

I loved both players coming out. Don't see those comps at all.

I was higher on Olave than almost anyone. Olave does not play like Worthy.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.