Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 11:45 PM   #209
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
He was never an alpha.

His teammate McLaurin was my guy.
I'm an Ohio State fan. Not anyone in their right mind would have thought McLaurin would have developed into anything more than a quality deep ball WR/#2. The fact that he developed into a top-shelf #2, low-end #1, much like Godwin in Tampa Bay, is much to do with his work ethic and the right fit.

I screamed for Stefon Diggs, but that doesn't make me the end-all-be-all expert on WRs either.

It takes a good bit of luck with WRs sometimes. I've become a bit of the opinion that intelligence matters a bit more at WR than it's given credit because I've seen far too many top-shelf athletes burn at the position. That is hard to gauge for us. I can gauge 1k yards receiving and a reasonable drop % and get part of the way there but even that isn't full-proof. Quentin Johnston, so far, case in point.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote