View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 07:54 PM   #217
Fan since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I haven't kept up with this thread, so it's probably been discussed, but I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill with these medical exams.

Standard practices change. It used to be that if you were healthy you did the damn combine drills. It's now quite common to see prospects be selective about the drills they run when at the combine. I'm sure people wrinkled their faces funny about the first guy to turn down combine drills, and now it's a complete nothingburger. Caleb isn't against getting medically examined. He's just against getting medically examined by teams who aren't going to draft him. It's a waste of his time. Just as several QBs said, "Why am I doing these drills for scouts from other teams who won't draft me when I'm going to workout privately for a bunch of these teams anyway?"

If you want to question the other stuff, knock yourself out. I don't really have an opinion on it other than the weird crying thing he did. And I could have sworn the ownership stake thing was something he didn't actually ask for and was fake news.

I just think some people are REEEEALLY overthinking this one. That's okay. People in draft media once tried to argue the Colts should go RGIII over Luck, too. It's the modern era of NFL football and there sits the ideal modern era NFL QB prospect. You think he's arrogant and won't take well to the pressure of the league? I don't know what he's like as a person or how coachable he is, but given what just about everybody has seen on tape, he's going to have to have some serious personality concerns that come up in your interview and evaluation that go beyond painting his nails.
It's the first time in combine history where a prospect refuses medical exams by team doctors. Never happened in 42 years.
The ownership stakes claim came directly either from him or his father. But it was never refuted by Caleb. Which obviously means it's true.

I am not denying his talents. But what good is talent when your head is all screwed up and you feel entitled despite having proven nothing in the NFL?
I say **** talent and choose character first and foremost, especially at the QB position where you need a leader of men and exemplary teammate.

I read an article somewhere where this guy averaged a fumble a game in his college career. He had something like 33 fumbles accumulated.
So again, we aren't talking about some flawless prospect here and when combined with his questionable character, you have to think twice before making that move.

Here is the article verifying what I said -> 33 Fumbles
https://sports.yahoo.com/perry-pats-...005243154.html
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote