View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 07:53 PM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Now consider there are over 20000 people in prison in Missouri and there were three commutations last month. Trust me, it isn't routine.
It is routine in the sense that they are conducted on a monthly basis. It. may not be common for someone to get a commutation but the fact he even entertains them as part of a routine process and not at the end of his executive stint is astonishing

Quote:

11/24/23

Gov. Parson pardons more than any Missouri governor since the 1940’s

EFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Governor Mike Parson has pardoned more than 600 people in the past three years. That’s more than any Missouri governor since the 1940’s.

Parson is a former sheriff; he says he still believes in law and order and that criminals must be held accountable. But he adds, “It doesn’t mean they’ve been criminal all their lives.”

“I think it’s important to me that we set a standard so people know what happens when you commit a crime. There are going to be consequences. You’ve learned to accept that, and once you realize that, yeah, I made a mistake,” said Gov. Mike Parson.

So far, Gov. Parson has granted 613 pardons and commuted 20 sentences. He has also denied about 2,400 clemency requests.
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/go...nce-the-1940s/
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote