View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 05:37 PM   #64
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
I mean…I’m all for punishment but keeping him and others like him in prison is just taking up space and tax payer dollars. I think prison should be more about violent offenders, there are other ways to punish without prison that are more productive for society as a whole. He could be sentenced to 1000’s of hours of service etc. I just don’t think prison is the right answer. Now, jail is another thing. In CO you can only sentence up to two years in jail - probably the same in MO - but prison typically does not rehab people it makes them worse.
I generally agree with this in philosophy, as long as you have enough of a punishment for the offender to cause them to never do this behavior again. I'm not sure that public service is enough, especially for a guy who leads a comfortable life due to family wealth. I don't know what punishment you'd add, but it needs to be equal or greater to the hardship that the family now has with a disabled child. Maybe you brand "Drunk Driver" into his forehead or something.

I think the bad look is that it was commuted for a "celebrity child". Would it have been commuted if he had been small-town barber Rufus McGinnity who had done the same thing? Did the sentences get commuted of everyone who has committed the same crime and is now in prison? I doubt it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote