View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 09:25 AM   #377
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Umm... he was our starting punter, I'll give him that.

The man? No. Not at all. Not even close. No.

No.
Yeah - I really don't understand this "Townsend was a great punter" stuff.

He was an average punter who had one great year. He may have another great year at some point soon but in the end, his 4 year track record shows 3 mediocre years (including his most recent one) and one excellent one. Sure looks like the excellent one is the outlier, no?

He's...fine. He's no sort of problem at the position and not a genuine asset either. He's a JAG. He's as replaceable as they get. And for all the "Oh my god, can Araiza hold!?!?" stuff, people were WRECKING Townsends holding until he got one damn high snap down in a SB. He's as likely as not to duff the next one.

There's just no reason at all to bemoan the loss of Tommy Townsend and I was hoping they'd let him walk this off-season before we signed Araiza. Not because he's a liability, but because he's just not an asset and we were going to have to pay him as though he were.

Townsend is well on his way to being forgotten about. The same as 90% of other punters in the league.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.