Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 02:24 PM   #1184
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
News flash: Franklin doesn't have a 40 time yet, at least not one that I've seen or is official/reliable. As I already pointed out, that's why you saying his speed doesn't translate on the field makes no sense. How would you even know what he times?

Everything I've said about Franklin's speed is based on what I've seen on the field. His speed is obvious when you watch him play. He looks like a guy that should run in the low 4.3s, but when I talk about his speed, I'm talking about what I've seen on the field.

MVS has never looked 4.3 fast to me, and considering he's barely in the 4.3s, I don't think it's a stretch to say he looked more like a guy that runs in the 4.4s.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it in here too:

That's pretty good ****ing company.

MVS's best season was as a 5th year senior when he had 879 yards and 6 TDs (before that he never even had 500 yards). Franklin had better numbers than that as a 19 year old ****ing sophomore.
College WR Prospect with +3.10 YPRR for 20 year old season, over 6'0, with round 1-2 draft capital:
(since 2018)

Devonta Smith
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
A.J. Brown

Tee Higgins
Jameson Williams
Drake London
Troy Franklin

That's a nice list.

The problem is that almost every player on it is a much better route runner and better at catching the ball.

Maybe the comp could be Jamo who most on this board loved.

Right now he is a useful player who serves a role in Detroit and that is running down the field and clearing space for Sun God and La Porta.

That's what I expect Franklin to be in the NFL. A fancy decoy that is low volume.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote