View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #227
MVP

Just catching up, here's a few thoughts...

1. Franklyn compared to MVS isn't my favorite, I see a bit of C. Watson or G. Pickens crossed with a bit of J. Waddle or Devonta Smith in his game, but think J. Addison is the best comp. Keep in mind though that I ONLY watch these guys college highlights lol. I think Worthy is this year's Hyatt.

2. I'm not very high on big WRs for KC either, unless they have the exceptional physical gifts to be an alpha WR 1 or a big play-breaker. This year those guys for me are Thomas Jr, Keon Coleman and Xavier Legette. Mahomes to Thomas Jr deep would be a great match, if Coleman is the new Mike Evans that'd be a great fit, and I could imagine Andy designing screen passes for Legette to leverage his physical gifts. I hated London last year, didn't even like Dwane Bowe, KC prefers Tyreek Hill types.

3. Speaking of NEVER watching college football, I haven't tuned in to any of Harrison Jr's tape yet. None of the top 3 WRs actually, they're just not of interest if they're not going to be available to us. Is he really that good!? Why is he getting so much hype and Jerry Rice's kid isn't? They both scored 12+ TDs, both had approx. 18 yards per catch, what's the deal? Loved Steve Smith's comment on Rice Jr, said something like "he runs like Pachecco. Like he's running for his life out there! Full sprint every play, maximum effort."

4. I don't think 22 WRs go in the first 3 rounds, there will be guys that drop. I've been thinking lately that there might be a tendency for fans to project WR's higher than they tend to go in the draft because they're a polarizing positions. Fans love offensive weapons! We always fall in love with these draft darlings and forget that most of them don't turn into much when they get in the league. AT Perry is a good example from last year, we were all impressed with him as a novelty and I think he had 1 catch this season. This year, J. Wilson is a better version of what Perry was but not as much interest for whatever reason. Might be bc this draft has so many traditional WRs that he's seen as an odd ball. Might make a good TE!?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.