Thread: Movies and TV HBO: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 01:39 AM   #1390
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
While I agree with you that generally this is possible, in this case it lead to having really weak plot lines that were a waste of time and diluted the show. Pete and his wife is a good example. She gets super upset with him for working really hard for a few days and suddenly this is basically grounds for divorce? Not even acknowledging, you know, the huge unsolved murder that might be a little more important than your test, which is right at Christmas for some reason. And of course in the last episode she kisses him and all is forgiven...?

Spoiler!
given this show came from HBO I think the message was that vigilante justice is ok if you're killing white guys i.e Navarro and the lady janitors...
smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote