Thread: Chiefs Shooting at the parade
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 03:14 PM   #298
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Agree with that. Especially with kids.

It doesn’t have to be a shooting for it to be a regrettable experience.
We stopped going to the 4th of July celebration at Liberty Memorial for that very reason.

It's just a bad scene, IMO. Too much chaos.

And by the way - this is also why a downtown stadium just isn't a great idea. It sounds wonderful in theory, but the reality is you're going to have elements like this around that stadium every single night. And if the Royals ever get good again and you have 40K people streaming in and out, you're going to have problems like this pretty much every evening.

Busch Stadium in downtown STL is a ****ing cesspool after games. If you're lucky you can get out before the press really starts (and maybe get on the metro and the hell out of town before there are 10,000 people there waiting for a tram). If you don't, it's a warzone.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - I'll never move back to KC. Don't miss it even a little. But if I were a resident, especially downtown or downtown adjacent, I'd have zero interest in the idea.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.