Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 01:39 AM   #884
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I think we're sleeping on Malik Washington a bit.

#1 in missed tackles forced
#1 yards from slot
#2 rec from slot
64.7% contested catch rate
2.6% drop rate with 3 total
3.15 yards per route run
92.4% receiving grade (Harrison Jr 89.6% and Nabers 93.1%)

Look a lot bigger than he's listed out there, plays tough, is known for making clutch plays.

Is he this year's beefed up Tank Dell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIFD2bo4FY
What I like about Washington:

-Catching ability, he has absolute sure hands and his technique is great
-Toughness, although he's 5'8 he's built real solid and seems to deliver the blow when carrying the ball
-Good understanding vs zone, finds the soft spot and sits well
-Doesn't seem to shy from traffic

What I dislike:
-5'8, not a ton of receivers who excel at that size
-The versatility in the NFL is gonna be slim, he's solely gonna operate from the slot
-Doesn't appear to be a super dynamic athlete

There's some Amon St-Brown in his game- that's the type of receiver he'll have to be in the NFL if he succeeds since I don't think he's going to stretch the defense. I'll be interested to see how his testing goes but the odds are stacked against him being a very short receiver. In regards to the Chiefs, they would have to double dip at the WR position in the draft I think to have a shot at him. Washington will be a 4th/5th round guy in my opinion.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.