Old 02-09-2024, 01:07 PM   #867
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Franklin,
Coleman,
Thomas Jr,
Legette

Those are the only WRs I'd consider at our spot in the 1st. If Franklin's within reach, I say go up and get him because he's the best fit for what the Chiefs like to do on offense, but If not, at least one of these guys is going to drop to us at the bottom of the first. Remember that 6 is still the record for the amount of WRs taken in the 1st and there's already 3 names that are dead locks ahead of my list here.

I'd be excited about anyone of these guys!
I'll add to this that I've got a growing theory that the 2nd round is where the value will be at WR. Not that we'll wait to pick one there, but hear me out... I forget which draft head said this but he ranked 11 WRS in the top 50 this year, highlighting how good the WR class is. If 6 WRs is the most ever taken in a round, it seems likely that 1 of those WRs in the top 50 would fall to us in the bottom of the 2nd.

Add to the above the price of moving up in the 1st is expensive, and the value for trading down from the 1st into the 2nd (thanks KCrow) isn't there, maybe our best value at WR would be trading up from our 2nd into the middle of the 2nd round so that we can have our pick of one of the remaining 3-4 WRs ranked in the Top 50? Trading up in the 2nd seems to be a lot more equitable. I noted a few teams that moved up 9-12 spots in 2nd for a 3rd when doing some research as a reference.

Seems this has been Veach's strategy for several years, I wonder if I might be on to something here?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-09-2024 at 01:29 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.