Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 10:37 AM   #846
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I'm really warming up to Keon Coleman as a possibility in round 1.

You can sign a guy like Mooney to be the deep threat, and just let Coleman and Rice bully corners.
Yeah - I'm just not going to get there.

WR's that don't get good separation just aren't a good fit in this offense. It's not a bully ball offense. It's about timing and quick separation.

The same reasons you thought Moore SHOULD work in this offense are why Coleman wouldn't, IMO. And I just don't see much 'there' there in terms of traits. He has good size and that's almost literally the last thing on my list for WR traits.

I just don't know what I see that actually translates well to a timing offense. Bigger bodied guys that can screen dudes off, even if we find a way to make them work here, don't require 1st round picks. Those can be found in the middle rounds.

I just can't see a way I ever find him all that attractive in the 1st. Should he really slide and fall into the late 2nd - sure. But I'm not gonna get there in the first. I just can't see a scenario where 8 other WRs go off the board (which is about what it would take to put him at the top of my WR list) and not leave someone else at a different position I'd far rather have.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.