View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 11:43 PM   #3621
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Still rolling with Enshrouded. I've finally progressed to the point where I mostly know what I'm doing, but it's still a slog. A fun slog, though. I'm finally moving into the final areas of the limited release and still have vast swaths that I haven't explored yet. I can't imagine how big this world will be in the final release.

If you want to play a game where you have to constantly mine/farm resources, this game is for you. If you ever wanted to be a ****ing lumberjack, this game is definitely for you. I've chopped down more trees in this game than Paul Bunyan. If you want to play an archer, you need twigs to make arrow shafts, and the best way to get them is chopping down trees. If you want to play a mage, a key ingredient of the spell charges is resin, and you have to chop down trees for that. I guess you could just play a straight up tank with little to no ranged attacks, but considering how quickly you get dogpiled I just can't see it. The shrouded areas are especially brutal, since visibility is limited and the enemies can sometimes be on you before you even know they're there. Also, in the shroud you're slowly dying, so you have to get in and out in a limited amount of time. And if you die, wherever you fall that's where your loot is, and you have to go back to the same spot to retrieve it. And it seems like every time you find a resource you've been lacking to make something you need, BOOM another requirement pops up. It is at times maddening. But fun.

This game is fun. Fun, goddammit.
Welcome to the survival Genre
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.