View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 10:25 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And they don't look wide enough, even if you 'unsweep' them.

Honestly, it looks more like an F-86 sabre. The dimensions of a Saber are more 'boxlike' in that it's about as wide as it is long. An Electra is quite a bit wider than it is long.

Australia flew the Sabre. Obviously we did as well. We also had a carrier capable version of the Sabre (the Fury) that we probably had out in the Pacific; we had over 1,000 of those at various points, I'm sure one went down in the Pacific and if it's testing/training, we're not gonna make a big show of it.

If I'm guessing, that's some fighter that went down out there. I'll guess Sabre or one of its many variants.
And I'm not convinced that image is of a twin tail aircraft. It's not exactly 4k. I definitely looks more like the plane you mentioned.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.