Thread: Movies and TV HBO: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 09:38 PM   #1352
Veteran

I’m completely underwhelmed and disappointed (again).

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

No. Worse than that. In fact, I think it’s absolute dogshit and not just because all the male characters are either incompetent, weak, or wife-beating criminals. But to that point, the writers want us to believe militant lesbians *ahem* …er… women running a small Alaskan village is rather commonplace; much like a mostly female construction or coal mining crew, or maybe a female led wildland firefighting team (insert eye roll). Clearly, they purposely reversed all the roles of traditional male characters to female, and set the story in a remote Alaskan village, which would absolutely never be this way in reality.

The dialogue is awkward and the acting is wooden. Nobody talks like these characters do in real life, and for a series that started off ten years ago with intelligent writing and directing—it’s insulting.

I could write a short essay on how terribly bad the storyline in episode one is alone; the bodies are found by a ghost doing interpretive dance. No shit; a f***ing ghost doing interpretive dance. What-the-f**k ever…Cringey ‘symbolism’ with a magical polar bear, bad CGI caribou that leap to their death in slo-mo; oooooh, that’s creepy! I stopped after one episode. I just don’t care.

Each successive iteration of this show seems to get progressively worse, but this season it bottoms out.

Last edited by Cheater5; 01-29-2024 at 09:46 PM..
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote