View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 05:43 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe View Post
That's not actually true. The city had a new stadium approved & ready to go. It only needed Kroenke & the NFL to get behind it because it relied on Kroenke applying for G4 funds from the NFL. Which of course he refused to do.
Yet STL was lead to believe the NFL was negotiating in good faith. Dave Peacock did an incredible job putting forth a legitimate plan for a new stadium with funding secured. When it became clear Kroenke and the NFL were not negotiating in good faith a lawsuit followed after the departure of the Rams.

Kroenke was not happy with the league. In truth he actually never said anything to insinuate STL had a chance to keep the team, outside of an expensive proposal to renovate the dome that failed.

In return the league told Keoenke from the beginning he was responsible for all legal bills. Stan paid a lot money for everything.

-Five hundred million dollar law suit
-Five hundred million dollar relocation fee
-Six billion dollar stadium

In all honesty the money put into all of it is staggering. Was it worth it? I guess so. Crazy.

Final thought: I think STL came out ot it pretty good. They can just root for the other Missouri team who on the brink of a dynasty. Andy, Patrick and company have brought the whole state together under one unified Chiefs Kingdom. I didn't think that was possible.

I just followed Nick Foles to the Chiefs, the last STL Rams QB. I thought he'd be the starter and I could watch him play for two teams. A year later Mahomes was drafted.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli