View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 06:35 AM   #3600
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
It's Early Access so it's not close to finished. I played for a few minutes and was shocked it didn't have a sprint toggle which for my dead hands is a must. It will get better over time and if it doesn't mods should be introduced at some point to fix those things. Might be the type of game that needs seasoning before it's ready to keep frustration levels low.

Also kinda shocked that you can't set difficulty and such, every survival game I know of allows you to tweak anything to your hearts desire.
A sprint toggle wouldn't do you much good anyway, since it depletes your stamina so quickly.

Another thing that seems to be missing from this game entirely is any form of currency, and so far, no populated towns or merchants. And there doesn't seem to be a way to regain health or advance game time by sleeping. The NPCs you gather don't follow you, ever. They just hang out at the base. No meaningful conversations with them, either. You get the blacksmith first, and he just does smithing stuff and grunts/yells at you - period. I got attacked at my base by some wandering zombie thing and the ****er just stood there. Reminds me a little of Diablo in that regard.

One thing that I should do and haven't yet is establish other bases. You can carry the stone/flame things in your inventory and set up as many as your level allows. That will alleviate some of my frustration with having to retrace my steps so often after getting greased. And I'm sure it will be better once I've got the flying cape thing. I also haven't figured out how to roll/dodge during combat yet. I've seen it used in videos, so I know it's there. It may be some keystroke combo I haven't figured out yet, or may require selecting a skill from the tree. Also, apparently the bad guys don't level with your character, so they simply get stronger the farther you venture away from the starting area.

It is an interesting combination of things old and new.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote