View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 12:03 AM   #3597
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Been playing Enshrouded for a few hours now - well, that and watching a bunch of YouTube stuff on how to ****ing play it. Like most modern games of this type, it just tosses you in the deep end and laughs while you're drowning. Slowly getting the hang of it. I guess.

The good:

Overall it's fun. The best way I can think of to describe it is Skyrim meets Kingdom of Amular. Huge open world that I've barely scratched the surface of. Lots of shit to gather and craft. There are two fairly important aspects to it - one is a grappling device that allows you to climb stuff (I have that one) and a cape thing that allows you to glide from high spots like a giant flying squirrel (don't have that one yet). You have to progress through the story and gather the appropriate resources to be able to craft them.

The bad:

No difficulty setting. I can see this is being very annoying for old farts like me or masochists who want the game to beat the shit out of them. Also, and this is really pissing me off, no quicksave. If you die, you respawn back at your base, and have to slog back to where you got whacked to recover any loot you didn't already have with you. I HATE THAT. I REALLY ****ING HATE THAT. The game has also has a very annoying tendency to just pop opponents out of the ether which then immediately attack you, and at least in this stage of the game, it only takes a few hits to kill you. Very frustrating. Also, the grappling thing is very twitchy, and you can only use it in very limited spots. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't.

I'm not sure if the game is completely finished yet; that may explain the low price. If this is the case, I certainly hope they tweak some of the most annoying aspects of it. But it may just be what it is.

Overall I'm enjoying it, but not as much as I'd hoped.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote