View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #118
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
Basically because parking lots are a terrible use of land. You put a stadium downtown where all the stuff is because people come to see a game, which lasts 3 hours, and then do stuff before and after the game, like go to bars or stay at hotels. Those things, unlike parking lots, generate tax revenue which can be used for all sorts of things.

I would miss the old stadium and be nostalgic for it, but having a stadium in an undeveloped area with a parking lot that's like 4x the size of the stadium itself is a huge waste.

of course you can't really put a stadium in a dense urban area without giving people a way to get to and from it, and lol it's not like we're going to build passenger rail or improve the bus network or anything like that. so moving the stadium will likely involve tearing down buildings to build parking which doesn't really solve the problem with arrowhead's current location
This is a horrible idea. I am a long time season ticket holder and would give them up in a heartbeat if I had to fight traffic in a city area, and pay way more to park reasonably close to the stadium on gamedays. Then sit in traffice for an hour while I try to get on the road for my 3 hour drive back. All the season ticket holders around me live an hour or more from the stadium and would feel the same way.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote