View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 04:01 PM   #756
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
We had a play vs the Fins where Bolton was the only defender in front of (IIRC) a screen and was blocked. Dude matter-of-factly shed the block and immediately brought down the ball-carrier, as though it was no big deal, even playing with one hand.

He's a badass mother****er and his focus/vice is ball. That's it. That's the best way I can describe him. He's that dude you want in the phone booth between the tackles 'cause that's where he lives.
Yup. I legitimately feel like he and Sneed set the tone for being physical. So when he went out there was def a drop in run defense because most of that IS being physical. Nick literally violently stops whoever he is tackling. It's a trait that I find hard to explain but had it in a few players I coached.

So he and Sneed IMO are tone setters and those are hard to find. I feel like we didn't have that for years and years after DT and Smith etc were gone.
TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.TheGuardian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote