Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 10:39 AM   #5086
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I kind of want something smaller than my Shield. Maybe it's the holster, but i find concealed carry to be uncomfortable and inconvenient except in the winter when you have on a heavy coat or layers of clothing.

My usual ccw is a S&W M&P Shield. After trying several different holsters, I use a N8Tactical tuckable holster with it most days, for comfortability.

Have you shot a lot of smaller pieces? Because the smaller the gun gets the harder it is to work with. Just something to keep in mind.

There are several handguns that are smaller than the Shield to choose from, but I would strongly advise that you spend some time/$$$ shooting them. As much as possible before buying.

I had an LCP for a few years, but after more than a hundred range sessions I still had trouble with consistency/accuracy. i could shoot it accurately but gave up a lot of speed. Or, I could shoot it quickly and gave up a lot of accuracy.

I had the same issues with a S&W snubnose, and a couple other subcompacts like the Beretta Pico.

I finally gave up and went with a LC9, which is a little bigger than an LCP but a smidge smaller than a Shield. That I can shoot both quickly and accurately enough for me to feel comfortable carrying it. Helps that it's a Ruger, so good reliability and great customer service (though I've never had a problem with it).

But you need to put you hands on as many subcompacts as you can, and shoot them rigorously, before depending on one for carry purposes, imho.

Last edited by Megatron96; 01-13-2024 at 11:18 AM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.