Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 03:54 PM   #2428
Supporter

I watched "All the Light We Cannot See" on Netflix. I dunno if this should be in this thread or the movies thread since it's only 4 episodes. I'm sticking it here because there were notable breaks for episodes.

Anyway, onto the business. I recommend this. And normally I wouldn't. This, in improper hands would be GARBAGE. Most of it is a little too on the nose for me, but it handles it really well.

There were several components that made the thing float. Most notably were the sets. My god they were good. I'm no expert in WWII uniforms or architecture, but they really knocked it out of the park IMO.

More importantly though, the performances are good. Excellent in fact. Of the major players, any of them not bringing the heat, this thing turns into a lifetime movie.

I didn't really need any nazism in my life. But I am glad I watched this one. There are some really high brow components of this and it pulled it off pretty well without bashing you over the head with it.

tl;dr: This wouldn't normally be my gig, but it's really good and I'm glad I watched it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote