Thread: Home and Auto How did 2023 treat you?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 10:50 PM   #22
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
My reasons are slightly different, but two years ago I went into the local library and did something very similar. My reason? Lack of concentration, which I felt was a direct result of my cell phone. Prior to owning my first phone, I was an avid reader. My ability to move through a book and retain the concepts and context was first rate.

In the years after cell phones became a thing, I stopped reading altogether. Then in the last 5 years or so, when I DID actually pick up a book, I couldn’t read for more than 15 minutes or so before I became distracted.

So two years ago, I put the phone aside for days at a time and found myself again immersed and able to concentrate while reading. I find myself much more centered now and I’m certain it contributes to my overall positivity. My level of concentration is as good as ever too.

Enjoy it, (again) Kev.
I've had very similar challenges, though I think for different reasons. I spent so much time reading at my job, which was very slow and careful reviewing and editing for the most part, that I completely lost my reading speed and my interest in pleasure reading outside of work. Fortunately, I think it's coming back pretty quickly, but I was feeling very uncultured and illiterate for a long while.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote