Thread: Home and Auto How did 2023 treat you?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 10:40 PM   #18
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:

5. This will sound minor, but it's not. I went to the library and checked out some leisure books. The back story here is that I loved going to the library as a kid and I was an avid reader. When I was 12, I had to go to work for financial reasons, and from that point on I didn't get summers or holidays. All through junior high, high school, and cottage, I worked on any school breaks, and then I entered the working world and we know what that's like. So I always felt like I lost several years of my youth. I decided that I would fully reclaim my lesiure time and those lost years once I made it to the library and wandered the stacks like I did in childhood.
My reasons are slightly different, but two years ago I went into the local library and did something very similar. My reason? Lack of concentration, which I felt was a direct result of my cell phone. Prior to owning my first phone, I was an avid reader. My ability to move through a book and retain the concepts and context was first rate.

In the years after cell phones became a thing, I stopped reading altogether. Then in the last 5 years or so, when I DID actually pick up a book, I couldn’t read for more than 15 minutes or so before I became distracted.

So two years ago, I put the phone aside for days at a time and found myself again immersed and able to concentrate while reading. I find myself much more centered now and I’m certain it contributes to my overall positivity. My level of concentration is as good as ever too.

Enjoy it, (again) Kev.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote