View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 09:40 AM   #197
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Yeah, when Nick Honor and Noah Carter are going to be expected to be your highest volume scorers, you're a probable NIT team at best.

I don't think anyone expected this team to do a ton unless Aiden Shaw had one of those crazy Kareem Rush/Keyon Dooling sort of breakouts.

And he's just not there. He's a really nice defensive player; active everywhere. He's just not a scorer. And maybe he never will be. So I think we have to continue to try to push Bates usage rate up a lot - he's probably the next best option in term of offensive skill.

But man, even if he becomes a 16-18 point/gm guy, Honor and Carter just aren't enough even as 2nd and 3rd options. Those are 3rd and 4th option guys - at best. Really I'd like to see Carter as an energy guy off the bench and Honor as purely a spot up shooter or distributor.

It's just a roster that's lacking at the top. And that's what that big freshman class is designed to address.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.