View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 05:56 PM   #4906
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
It's largely sentimental, but simply put, I wanna see Greinke get his 3000th K in a Royals uniform, if only because our organization is pretty lacking in "all-time" moments like this. So yeah, I wanna see Greinke to return.

And it might actually work well, if he is used correctly. Let him and Lyles piggyback each other every 5th day. Obviously Lyles isn't going anywhere, so he's gotta fit somewhere. Both he and Greinke had issues getting through the order more than twice without either throwing a ton of pitches or getting through the order without blowing up, and forcing the bullpen to pick up way too much slack.

If it was me, I'd let them alternate starts, with the other guy being scheduled to go after 3 or 4 innings from the starter. This would also allow each of them to potentially pick up wins, since neither would exclusively be the guy needing to get the requisite 5 innings to quality for the win.

Outside of that idea, I think Greinke could actually be valuable returning to the bullpen. It might allow him to gas it out a bit more, while knowing he's only gonna pitch for maybe an inning or two at the most, though also needing to be ready to go for potentially a few outings every week.

Oh, and adding Stroman to the rotation would be another decent add, and would probably make this a pretty successful offseason. Though I certainly think there are more moves that could and should be made.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.