Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 11:19 AM   #4174
Veteran

I pushed through this drudgery simply because I thought Willem Dafoe could save it. It tries so hard to be avant garde, but it comes off like a third year film student's attempt to be deep with too many layers that defy logic. The premise; an art thief is trapped inside a multi-million dollar high rise apartment and spends several weeks attempting to escape. He does dumb shit and wastes days daydreaming and / or hallucinating. He finally chooses possibly the most difficult course of action to try to escape.

My wife fell asleep for an hour woke up and said "this stupid shit is still on?" and that's how I felt too at the end. Suspend all logic, critical thinking and common sense if you want to watch it. If you're an art house dork who wears small round-framed glasses, smokes clove cigarettes, has numerous pet cats and won't shut up about that one time you visited the Marc Sleen museum in Brussels-- this is for you.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.