Thread: Movies and TV Indiana Jones 5: First Details
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 11:35 PM   #836
I'll be back.

would love to see more details on this shit show, and if the rumors about him meeting his younger self were true

Quote:
“When I came on the movie, they had been playing with a bunch of different things which were basically just reduxes of what had happened in the first movie,” Mangold told io9 over video chat. “Just more apparitions and ghosts and I felt like I was just watching the first movie over again when I envisioned what was in the existing scripts. And I felt like what Steven [Spielberg] and George [Lucas] and Larry Kasdan and David Koepp as well had done successfully in the other films, was to keep kind of pulling up a rock on a different aspect of history and metaphysics and not going back to the same thing. In a way I didn’t want to do the kind of ‘Is it a Death Star again?’”

Mangold went back to the drawing board. He knew he had an older hero in an era that’s kind of passed him by, and “the movie is exploring the themes of time, past and present. That became my central idea.” Which is why the movie opens in the past and, in other iterations, went back there at the end. “When we did start writing, it was my theory that at first that we would end up back in Nazi Germany in 1938,” he said.

Yes: once Mangold and the team realized they wanted the dial to bring Indy back in time, the first idea was that Voller’s plan would work and Indy would just have to stop him in Germany.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.