View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 05:17 PM   #1599
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Robertson's stuff checks out; scouting report looks solid. Mid-90s fastball with life; good breaking pitch. Might actually be something there.

I wouldn't have bothered with the bus fare for Santos, OTOH.

But that's how Mozeliak drives a hard bargain.

"We want Houck"
"We'll give you Robertson"
"Nah, I need more than that"
{Boston GM throws dart} -- "How about Victor Santana...I mean, Santos. Yeah, that's the guy. You'll love him."
"SOLD!"

This is why Mozeliak always has these deals with 3 fringe guys instead of a good one. He doesn't know who's worth a shit. So more is better; it's a chance to get lucky. Then when he stumbles ass backwards into a Genesis Cabrera or Juan Yepez, he pisses away their value, holds them too long and dumps them for scraps.

He's just really shitty at his job.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.