View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #38601
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
At the risk of being a Debbie Downer, what if the injury to Patrick has changed how he plays?

Just using CEH as an example; after his injury, he is not the same player. As much as we want to make Patrick a superman, he is still just a man and has a lot other than football to think about.

He doesn't seem to play with the same recklessness and carefree attitude as before. Yes, some of this is due to the WR group however when was the last time we saw a no-look pass? He seems to be overthinking everything, afraid to make a mistake which makes him robotic and not the Patrick we are used to seeing.

It just doesn't look like he's having fun out there and this IS a game, so shouldn't the players be having fun?
I don't think that's it, but sometimes I do wonder if he's been over-coached a bit.
You want him to take what the defense will give him, but you're also walking a REALLy fine line between making him efficent and nuetering his best qualities. I mean that killer instinct and going for the jugular is what made him Patrick Mahomes and separated him from scrubs like Alex Smith.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote