View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 09:08 PM   #54
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Lol this is an awful excuse to pay for billionaires. As a KCMO resident it would be awesome if both went to KS
I don't know if you are in this category, but a lot of people who feel like you do, don't actually understand the revenue that is generated in the city of Kansas City proper, because of the location of the Chiefs and Royals.

While the loss of said revenue would not be immediately felt, over the course of time the city will have to raise taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, etc. to start recouping the monies lost.

City governments are slow to react to trends like a steady loss of tax revenue, especially revenue that isn't easily tracked or quantified, as in this case, and that delay could end up causing long term damage to the city that would more than likely be a long term issue.

I don't know. I am super high, but I remember lectures from economics in college talking about this type of issue. Actually, I am thinking of a lecture hosted by the economics and political science professors. I can't remember the freaking introduction of the lecture, but I feel like it was something about city management, but I am really high and can't remember.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.